Type 2 Diabetes – Tips On How To Manage Diabetes
It has been observed that people with diabetes become very depressed. They focus
their minds on the fact that diabetes is incurable. What they forget to understand is that even
though it is incurable, it can be managed far easily than most other diseases. Properly managed
diabetes can enable its sufferers to live a life that is fun and free of health complications.
However, for most diabetics, making lifestyle changes is part of the problem.
They are very resistant to the idea of changing their routine. Unfortunately, their only options
are to do this or to suffer the problems created by this disease, which can be fatal in severe
cases. Surely, diabetics would prefer a modified life to no life at all!
vital points that diabetics need to keep in mind
The most important change that diabetics need to bring in their lives is
regarding their diet. What they eat after becoming a patient of diabetes can make the difference
between a healthy life and a problematic one. Some vital points that diabetics need to keep in mind
about their diet are given below:
1. Limit your salt and alcohol intake.
2. Avoid fried and processed foods as much as you can.
3. Eat fruits and vegetables and other food items that are low in GI.
4. Drink plenty of water.
5. Take lean meats.
6. Make sure that your meal has an appropriate ration of proteins, fat, fibre and
7. Avoid animal products as much as possible and opt for plant based foods.
8. Eat at the same time every day and at regular intervals during the day.
A nutritious diet is the key to maintaining normal blood sugar levels. When your
diabetes is under control, you will not have to worry about conditions like heart disease, kidney
failure or blindness. A good diet will also take care of any weight problems that you might
Easy examples of exercise
that diabetes can try:
Besides dietary changes, a diabetic also needs to have an active routine. No
more sitting on the couch for hours, watching television. They need to get up and going and burn
some calories and move their unused muscles. Here are some easy examples of exercise that diabetes
• Walking is the easiest of all exercises.
• A gentle jog will also do you good.
• Aerobics is the fashionable way of staying fit.
• Swimming can be an option for the more athletic types.
• Cycling is a fun way to exercise.
• Gardening is a relaxing eco-friendly way of keeping your body fit.
People who are new at exercising need to consult their doctors before starting
any activity. Also, make sure that you do not dive into the routine straight away and do some warm
up exercises first. Spend 5 or 10 minutes for the warm at the beginning and at the end of the
Conclusively, life does not end after being diagnosed a diabetic. Do not let the
disease dictate you life. Take the reins in your hands and live your life the way you want to. Just
make sure that your sugar levels are under control by making healthy changes in your daily eating
routine and slight exercises.