How To Reduce Hypertension Without Medication – How
To Treat High Blood Pressure
For normal people, blood pressure keeps changing according to the condition that
the body is facing. During emotional stress and intense physical activity, blood pressure may rise
temporarily. When the heightened condition goes back to normal, the pressure also goes back to
normal. However, people who experience constant high blood pressures, in which the systolic value
is equal to or higher than 140 mm Hg and the diastolic is equal to or greater than 90 mm Hg, need
to consult their doctors as this is due to hypertension. It is estimated that there are 63 million
hypertensive people just in America. There are no symptoms of hypertension and people are advised
to regularly check their blood pressure with devices that are easily available in market.
Fortunately, people can try to lower their high blood pressure by other means
besides medication. Some ways of doing this are given below:
1. If you are a smoker, then the first thing you need to do is
to give up smoking.
2. Immediately decrease the amount of salt to 4-6 grams per
day. In order to add flavour to your food, make use of lemon, rosemary, basil, garlic, onions,
parsley and sage.
3. Take lots of fruits and vegetables as they contain
potassium, which is good for protection against this disease.
4. Eat yogurt and low-fat dairy products because calcium is
also very good for hypertensive patients. You need to take at least 1 gram of calcium every
5. If you are overweight, then shed the excess pounds. Those
who are of normal weight need to maintain it by exercising.
6. Reduce your coffee and alcohol intake.
7. Make sure that you get enough sleep every day.
8. Physical activity should be an essential part of your
9. In order to decrease your tension and stress, learn and
practice relaxation techniques.
10. Listening to music for half an hour per day can lower
systolic levels by 3 points and diastolic by 4 points, as observed by the American Society of
Besides these easy tips, there are two ingredients that should be a part of
every hypertensive’s diet. These are:
1. Garlic: If you want to lower your systolic pressure by 8.4 points, then using
600-900 mg of garlic will be beneficial for you.
2. Onions: Onions contain 30-50 mg of quercetin per pound, a
substance that helps lower 7 points of systolic pressure and 5 points of diastolic. This has been
studied by the Utah University.
3. Green tea: Hypertension and cholesterol levels can be
reduced by green tea extracts.
4. Fish: One portion of salmon contains about 3 grams of omega
3 fats which are effective in reducing the risk of cardiac arrhythmia and high blood pressure.
Researches show that 5-6 grams of omega 3 fats per day can 3.4 points from blood pressure.
5. Wine: Wine is also effective in reducing blood pressure in
an indirect way. Researches have shown that two glasses of wine per day increase the levels of
omega 3 fatty acids in the blood.