How to Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally
For most of us, fitness is a very wide term. We think that we are feeling fine
and that there is nothing wrong with us. However, there are some silent diseases that harm us
without announcing their presence. One such disease is hypertension or high blood pressure, which
is becoming increasingly common these days. Its most common causes are sedentary lifestyle, stress
and usage of certain medications. Besides these, age and genetic factors can also lead to
hypertension. Moreover, high blood pressure can also be due to obesity.
Fortunately, natural remedies including organic products are available that can help people in
controlling their blood pressure.
Most of these natural remedies consist of modifications in the diet, some
of which are as follows:
1. Sweet things like doughnuts, pastries and cookies are loved
by everyone. However, while eating them, we usually forget that they are rich in fats and sugar,
two ingredients that are not beneficial for hypertensive patients. Thus, these things need to be
eaten in a very limited amount.
2. No junk food. Burgers and pizzas are fatty foods and as
such should be avoided.
3. Alcohol should be consumed in limited quantities. A
favorite pastime of most men in the west is drinking beer, which produces fats in the body. Hence,
cutting down beer intake is also necessary.
4. Drinking at least eight glasses of water a day is also a
healthy practice and should be adopted by high blood pressure patients.
5. For those who cannot live without meat, a better option is
fish and chicken rather than beef and mutton.
Besides making dietary modifications, people also need to adopt healthier ways
of thinking and acting. The changes in your behavior and attitude to health should be done early in
life rather than later. It is always better to do something on your own rather than on somebody
else’s orders, in this case the doctor’s. The most important of these behavioral changes are:
1. Inculcating the habit of checking weight after every 15
2. Exercising daily for at least 20 minutes besides taking a walk after
3. Realizing that being over weight is not healthy. You may look strong but you
are only sending an invitation to various diseases to come and attack you.
If you adopt even some of these dietary and behavioral changes, you will be able
to save yourself from the damages caused by high blood pressure. Surely, these changes are easier
to make than paying hefty doctors’ bills in later life.