Home Remedy for High Blood Pressure
The force with which heart pumps the blood into the
arteries is known as blood pressure. It can increase due to stress, which is a very common cause
these days, obesity, high intake of sodium and hormonal changes in women. If untreated, it can
lead to heart disease, strokes, injury to the brain and eyes and kidney failure. Hence,
maintaining blood pressure at a normal level is very important.
The best way to regulate blood pressure is through
natural remedies. Some of these simple ways are:
1. Garlic has been known to be quite effective for treating
high blood pressure. You can either chew or swallow a clove of garlic with water on an empty
stomach daily and notice the favourable changes. You can also take garlic rolled in raisins.
2. Amla juice and honey are also beneficial in high blood
pressure. Take one tablespoon of each in the morning.
3. To lower an occasional increase in blood pressure, drink
half a cup of warm water in which one teaspoon of cayenne pepper has been added.
4. Watermelon seeds and khashkhas (poppy seeds) are also very
good for controlling blood pressure. Take equal proportions of both seeds and grind them into
powdery form. Take a teaspoon of this powder everyday on an empty stomach in the morning and
5. Spiegel seeds are also good remedy for hypertension. Mix
them in one or two teaspoons of curd.
6. Another way to get rid of blood pressure problems is to
make a powder of equal proportions of fennel seeds, cumin seeds and sugar. Mix one teaspoon of this
mixture in a glass of water and drink it twice a day.
7. One teaspoon of fenugreek seeds taken with water for 10 to
15 days twice a day will be very beneficial for hypertension patients.
8. Four leaves of basil and two of neem with two to four
teaspoonfuls of water, on an empty stomach are effective as well.
9. Fresh papaya eaten on an empty stomach for a month also
helps in lowering blood pressure.
10. Another natural way to lower blood pressure is to drink a
mixture of juice of half a lemon into 100 grams of water.
11. Taking two tablespoons of orange juice and honey combined
in equal proportions twice a day will help in maintaining blood pressure.
12. Those who love baked potatoes, lowering their blood
pressure should not be a hassle.
13. Dip 25 to 30 curry leaves in a cup of water and then
strain it. Drink this in the morning to lower blood pressure. In order to add a flavour, you can
also include lime juice in it.
14. Walking barefoot for15 to 20
minutes daily on green grass has a good therapeutic effect on patients of hypertension because this
improves blood circulation.
15. Putting a hot compress over the heart is also an
unconventional method of treating high blood pressure.